Watch this 30-min webinar recording from August 20, 2018 to learn more about the Alliance:
Market Manager Professional Development
- Visit the training page to find out about upcoming webinars and training opportunities…
- Farmers’ Market Manager Training Manual – Available through Alliance Trainings or for purchase from ToucanEd
- Farmers Market Rules and Policies: Content and Design Suggestions (from a Lawyer), 13 J. Food Law & Policy 181 (2017)
- What Makes Markets Successful? USDA Market Improvement Toolkit
- Bring VegU-cation to your market!
- Farmers’ Market Legal Toolkit (legal resources, best practice recommendations, and case studies)
- Food Within Reach – a technical guide to starting a farmers’ market, with a focus on the City of San Jose.
- The California Agricultural Mediation Program offers free mediation services for any farm loan or credit issue or adverse decision from the USDA.
- Food Liability Insurance Program
Codes & Regulations
- Certified Farmers’ Market Program at CDFA
- CDFA Draft Regulations – Scroll down for Direct Marketing regulations
- 2013-14 Cross County Enforcement Pilot Project Final Report
- See the Alliance’s Farmers’ Market Promotion Campaign
- New in 2018: Social Media Videos
- 8 Steps for Social Media Success from Pacific Coast Farmers’ Market Association
- 2015 Farmers’ Market PSA.
- California Farmers’ Market Finder
Access & Equity
- CalFresh EBT technical assistance and resources for your market
- Statewide Market Match healthy food incentive program
- California WIC at Farmers’ Markets program
State and Federal Policy
Is there a resource you’d like to share? Something missing you’d like to see more of? Contact Amelia: amelia (at) ecologycenter (dot) org