Watch this 30-min webinar recording from August 20, 2018 to learn more about the Alliance:
Market Manager Professional Development
- Visit the training page to find out about upcoming webinars and training opportunities…
- Farmers’ Market Manager Training Manual – Available through Alliance Trainings or for purchase from ToucanEd
- Farmers Market Rules and Policies: Content and Design Suggestions (from a Lawyer), 13 J. Food Law & Policy 181 (2017)
- What Makes Markets Successful? USDA Market Improvement Toolkit
- Bring VegU-cation to your market!
- Farmers’ Market Legal Toolkit (legal resources, best practice recommendations, and case studies)
- Food Within Reach – a technical guide to starting a farmers’ market, with a focus on the City of San Jose.
- The California Agricultural Mediation Program offers free mediation services for any farm loan or credit issue or adverse decision from the USDA.
- Food Liability Insurance Program: Product liability insurance is essential to the financial security of farmers market vendors, yet can be hard to find and unaffordable. FLIP supports farmers market vendors by making it easy and affordable to get insurance coverage for general liability, product liability, and business personal property.
Codes & Regulations
- Certified Farmers’ Market Program at CDFA
- CDFA Draft Regulations – Scroll down for Direct Marketing regulations
- 2013-14 Cross County Enforcement Pilot Project Final Report
- See the Alliance’s Farmers’ Market Promotion Campaign
- New in 2018: Social Media Videos
- 8 Steps for Social Media Success from Pacific Coast Farmers’ Market Association
- 2015 Farmers’ Market PSA.
- California Farmers’ Market Finder
Access & Equity
- CalFresh EBT technical assistance and resources for your market
- Statewide Market Match healthy food incentive program
- California WIC at Farmers’ Markets program
State and Federal Policy
Is there a resource you’d like to share? Something missing you’d like to see more of? Contact Amelia: amelia (at) ecologycenter (dot) org